About the Fall Summit
Adapting Your Integration Playbook: Culture and Operating Model
Strategies for Integration Success:
- Adapting playbooks for the acquirer profile
- Creating the environment for leadership collaboration
- Including target in value creation strategy and defining outcomes
Valuation for M&A: Fair Market Value vs. Investment Value
This seminar will bridge the gap between the business appraiser’s “fair market value” world and the M&A advisor’s “market value" world in the open marketplace.
- Appreciate how, while FMV represents a floor value from a seller’s perspective, it can serve as a springboard for valuation for M&A.
- Be able to identify how potential synergies play into investment value and ultimately price.
- Recognize the importance of identifying the value of a company’s intangible assets in a transaction.
- Walk through two case studies of actual transactions.
Role of EQ in Technology Integrations
As we lead Tech integrations, we have to also consider the acquisition culture compared to our culture (the acquiree) and be emotionally intelligent enough to know where to push, negotiate, or let go. We also have to find ways to say "No", which we have done in sessions on "The Good No" and Emotional Intelligence. This helps create trusted working relationships and helps get to "We" versus "They" to solve issues and integrate faster. Of course, this is when we have our playbooks and processes down and can start with "Here is the journey" and let's figure out how we get there and any roadblocks to it.
Developing an M&A Thesis
Develop a view of the specific areas where M&A could be deployed and could act as an accelerant to the broader corporate strategy. We try to form that investment thesis in advance of evaluating specific opportunities, and it doesn't always work out that way. But ultimately, our goal is to have an investment thesis developed around specific areas that would support our business and allow us to be in a position to be efficiently reactive when opportunities come up.
Retaining Top Talent in a Post-Pandemic World: Insights & strategies from our groundbreaking survey
When employees leave, they destroy deal value by walking away with key customer relationships, institutional knowledge, and the know-how required to realize the deal's investment thesis. In this information-packed session, we will share the key findings of our 2023 survey on talent retention during M&A. You'll learn about the trends, challenges, and best practices affecting employee retention after the pandemic. Don't miss this opportunity to stay ahead of the curve by optimizing your M&A retention efforts and deal ROI.